OBSMET - DCS
OBSMET AT A GLANCE
Activities related to meteorology and climatology are highly dependent on the quality of the observation data collected. To do so, each national meteorological service must operate a stable reference network of meteorological stations, providing weather observations in a timely manner.
ObsMet is a generic observation data collection system which allows an easy and efficient management of a complete weather station network, whether these stations were sourced from one unique AWS supplier of from different AWS suppliers.
WHAT OBSMET WILL DO FOR YOU
- Data collection from network of observation stations (manual, AWS, AWOS).
- Centralization of collected data in central database at headquarters.
- Monitoring and supervision functions for maintenance activities.
- Quality Control.
- Data visualization.
- Automatic data export to other meteorological systems: AMSS, Forecaster workstation, WIS...
These are ObsMet's key functionalities. The system has many more. For further details, contact us.
WHY IS OBSMET DIFFERENT
DATA COLLECTION AND PROCESSING
- Compatibility with main station supplier's data loggers: Vaisala, Lambrecht, Degreane...
- Serial or TCP-IP interface with data logger.
- Custom software development for integration of new model of station or data logger.
- Automatic coding of METAR/SYNOP/SPECI messages.
- Forms for assisted METAR/SYNOP/SPECI key entry with fields prefilled from measurements collected from data logger.
- Scheduled message creation.
- BUFR-encoding of METAR/SYNOP/SPECI messages.
- Automatic SYNOP/CLIMAT messages compilation.
- Consistency checks ensuring the values entered by the weather observer are consistent and within standard user-defined ranges.
- Temporal checks alerting the operator when latest values differ too much with previous measurements.
- Detection of duplicated messages.
DATA VISUALIZATION AND EXPORT
- Visualization functions available at both station level (AWS) and HQ level (DCS).
- Real-time visualization of observations on geographical map.
- Charts and diagrams for all measured parameters.
- Wind roses diagrams.
- Visualization of individual station parameters.
- Calculation (means, QNH, QNE...) and export of observation reports to CSV/XLS/TXT formats.
- Visualization of real-time and past data.
- Automatic transmission of SYNOP/METAR using WMO TCP-IP standard protocol.
- Export of OPMET data to XML (AvXML).
SUPERVISION AND MANAGEMENT
- Web-based supervision for easy management and monitoring from headquarters, regional centers...
- Observation database browsing and search.
- Station metadata management.
- Monitoring of reception status and delays.
- Reception statistics.
- Sensors and data flow monitoring.
- Notifications and alarms sent by SMS/e-mail...
- Event logger.
The best way to apprehend ObsMet's uniqueness is to visualize it! Contact us for a demo.
OBSMET in MFI's offer
OBSMET in the world